|Seattle-based Finagraph is a best-in-class financial gathering and business intelligence company. Its pioneering technology directly gathers and organizes financials from accounting systems, providing clear and actionable information. The easy, one-minute process replaces the traditional paperwork process and instantly adds intelligence to best understand a business’ financial health and trends. The Finagraph dashboard is now free for accountants and small business owners.
Finagraph Academy delivers leading-edge training and consulting to accountants, SME, and banks across the nation on the topics of business delivery strategies, advanced technology tools and financial acumen.
For more information visit Finagraph.com
Finagraph Certified Advisor Program
Take the Test to Become a Finagraph Certified Advisor
How to Conduct a Basic Financial Analysis
Senior Vice President
Executive Vice President
Director of Support and Services
Business Development Manager
Director, Marketing and Communications
Connect with Finagraph
Friday, May 13, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Find Hidden Cash & Become a Trusted Advisor by Using Industry Averages
Speaker: Mike Milan
- Learn the 6 metrics that expose inefficiency in your client’s operation
- Identify areas of opportunity to increase cash flow by comparting their metrics to their competitors
- Develop a strategic plan for your client to maximize their cash flo
Thank you for being a participant in the Fifth Annual Ultimate Accounting vCon. You can make a huge profit from your vCon registration by winning some great prizes.
- Attend the session Transforming Your Practice into a Firm of the Future for your chance to win an Intuit Prize Package
- Lisa Jaeger won an Intuit Prize Package
- Attend the session Accounting Software: Going beyond General Ledger for your chnace to win a
Free Zoho Books Annual subscription (3 will be awarded)
- Larry Core won a Free Zoho Books Annual subscription
- Michele Rago won a Free Zoho Books Annual subscription
- Deborah Meyer won a Free Zoho Books Annual subscription
- Take our intro survey and be entered for a chance to win a copy of Sandi’s 6 Simple Steps to Get More Clients, More Profits, and More Free Time
- Deb Walker won a copy of Sandi’s 6 Simple Steps to Get More Clients, More Profits, and More Free Time
- Take our day 1 survey and be entered for a chance to win a copy of Michelle’s QuickBooks Practice sets
- Jean Moise Wawa won a copy of Michelle’s QuickBooks Practice sets
- Take our day 2 survey and be entered for a chance to win a copy of Michelle’s QuickBooks Practice sets
- Becky Vickery won a copy of Michelle’s QuickBooks Practice sets
We’re pretty jazzed to announce the winners of the 2015 Ultimate Accounting Achievement in Service contest. These accounting entrepreneurs showed initiative in improving their accounting business and serving their clients better.
Essay applications were judged based on tips and tools implemented to boost the quality of their practice, improve their services, or increase their profits. The ten winners receive an engraved trophy and the top three winners win cash.
The contest winners were announced at the “Advancing Your Practice” session at the Fourth Annual Ultimate Accounting vCon on May 8, 2015.
The first place winner is Kim Painter from Carrollton, Texas. She implemented a revenue plan in her business and got more focused about marketing.
The second place winner is Robyn Smithson of Smithson Bookkeeping and Business Services in Reno, Nevada. Robyn took the phrase “working on your business instead of in your business” to a whole new level and implemented many changes as a result of that mindset shift.
The third place winner is Cindy Hovig of Beyond Balanced Books in Morgan Hill, California. She moved from being a solo practitioner to managing a staff of three people to leverage and grow her business.
From new pricing techniques to offering higher dollar services to implementing specific technologies, the ladies and gentlemen that round out the top ten are:
- Jan Baudat of QB Jan LLC
- Jami Cervantes of Cervantes Support Services
- Carey Gay of Treasure Tax, LLC
- Shelley Kvamme-MacDonald
- Scott Sander of Sander & Associates, P. A.
- Cindy Schroeder of Bright Bookkeeping
- Laura Spandrio of Secure Accounting Solutions
Please congratulate these talented winners!
Michelle and I are running a contest in conjunction with the Ultimate Accounting vCon. And we’re giving out cold, hard cash – up to US $1,000 — to the winners!
We simply want to know one thing: what’s the ONE most profitable thing you’ve learned from either Michelle or Sandi? Here are the details:
- The deadline for this contest is May 4, 2015.
- There will be 10 winners. Three winners will receive cash prizes. First place will win $1000, second place will win $500, third place will win $250.
- The winner will be announced during the Ultimate Accounting vCon.
- The odds of winning will depend on how many people enter.
- There is no fee to enter.
- This contest is void where prohibited.
- You must apply to be considered for this contest. Do this by simply sending an email with the items listed in #9 below to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time between now and the contest deadline.
- Winners will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- A clear demonstration of additional revenues brought in based on something Michelle or Sandi taught you. (25%)
- A clear demonstration of how you’ve helped one or more of your clients based on something Michelle or Sandi taught you. (25%)
- A clear demonstration of changes implemented in your business as a result of something Michelle or Sandi taught you. (25%)
- A clear description of intangible benefits you’ve received from something Michelle or Sandi taught you. (25%)
- To be considered, complete the following questionnaire and send it via Word or PDF to email@example.com
- What is the one key tip, tool, or skill that Michelle or Sandi taught you? Describe where you learned it (program, recording, youtube video, article, etc.) HINT: It needs to be one clear thing.
- How did this idea change your revenue or profits? The more specific you can be, the more points we will give.
- c. What clients were impacted by this and how? You do not have to name names, but please let us know industry, size, location of clients. Be specific as possible.
- d. How did you change your business as a result of this tip, tool, or skill? Did you raise your price, implement a process, etc.?
- e. What intangible benefit did you receive from this tip, tool, or skill? How do you feel different after this change? How have these benefited your business or your life?
- Applicants must give their permission for us to use any or all of the content of their entries in marketing material for current and future vcons. If there is a client that wishes to remain anonymous, we can work with you on that. We can also mask some of the financial info but we need specific numbers in your entry or you will be graded lower without it. We will check with you before we publish anything.
- 11. If you have questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 12. Good luck!
Thank you for being a participant in the Fourth Annual Ultimate Accounting vCon. You can make a huge profit from your vCon registration by winning some great prizes.
- Attend the session Using Dashboards To Make More Money – For You and Your Clients sponsored by Finagraph for your chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card
and 1 full-year subscription of Finagraph.
- Fran Hartmann won a $50 Amazon gift card
- Debra Edwards won a 1 full-year subscription of Finagraph
- Attend the session 5 Super-Cool Features in QuickBooks Online Accountant That Transform Your Client Workflow and Collaboration sponsored by Intuit for your chance to win one-year subscription to QBO Essentials.
- Myrna Hallett won one-year subscription to QBO Essentials
- Attend the session 10 Easy Tips to Boost Your Business Cash Flow sponsored by BQE BillQuick for your chance to win a $225 Amazon Gift Card
- Elizabeth Pecce won a $225 Amazon Gift Card
- Attend the session Getting Clients to Say ‘Yes’ to Cloud Applications sponsored by Bill.com for your chance to win a new Apple Watch
- Dan Koskamp won an Apple Watch
- Attend the session How to Get the Most Out of Your Portal Year Round sponsored by Citrix ShareFile for your chance to win a ScanSnap scanner.
- David Ischayek won a ScanSnap scanner
- Sleeter Group is giving away $50 Amazon gift card and 1 year Sleeter Group Membership
- Rebecca Adams won a $50 Amazon gift card
- Dawn Bratcher won a 1 year Sleeter Group Membership.
- Take our intro survey and be entered for a chance to win a copy of Michelle’s Home-Based Businesses book
- Dominique Dabolczi-Fekete won a copy of Michelle’s Home-Based Businesses book
- Take our day 1 survey and be entered for a chance to win a copy of Sandi’s P3: Pricing, Packaging and Positioning ebook
- Richard Duff won a copy of Sandi’s P3: Pricing, Packaging and Positioning ebook
- Take our day 2 survey and be entered for a chance to win a copy of Sandi’s P3: Pricing, Packaging and Positioning ebook
- Pam O’Neal won a copy of Sandi’s P3: Pricing, Packaging and Positioning ebook
- Attend Advancing Your Practice and be entered for a chance to win a year of Accountant’s Accelerator Membership – All Tracks
- Rebecca Arvila won a year of Accountant’s Accelerator Membership – All Tracks
- Donated by Long for Success, LLC – 2014 QB 2014 on Demand
- Carolyn Van Orden won a 2014 QB 2014 on Demand
- Donated by Long for Success, LLC – QB Practice Set
- Amber Ketcham won a QB Practice Set
For those of you who need CPE Certificates from Group Internet Based webinars, you can now generate your own certificates. PLEASE NOTE: You will need to generate one certificate for each webinar you attended. All you need to do is enter your email address and click submit – the certificate will display in your browser and be ready to print.
Questions, please email email@example.com
You can earn 1 or 1.5 hours of CPE for each webinar you attend live.
- Each webinar is 50 or 75 minutes in length. You will need to log in and log out of each webinar in order to get CPE as well as view the sessions.
- Log in at exactly the conference start time or before. The webinars are about 55 – 80 minutes each (we will go over on purpose so that you have a better chance of getting CPE), and you must be on the log for at least 50 or 75 minutes (49 minutes is not good enough per NASBA!), so if you’re late by even a couple of minutes, you may not get your certificate.
- We’ll have a test training run to work out tech issues days before the webinar. Some people may need to download new GoToWebinar updates, and in rare cases call Citrix support to get help with conflicting software. Most people will have no problems at all.
- Each webinar is 1 or 1.5 hours. Please stay on the webinar for the entire time to get your full 1 or 1.5 hours.
- Use your PC and not your cell phone or iPad. GoToWebinar may not have polling functionality for devices other than the PC, and NASBA requires polling questions.
- Participate! For one hour session you must answer 3 of 4 polling questions to receive CPE. For 1.5 hour sessions, you must answer at least 5 of the 6 polling questions to receive CPE.
Some frequently asked questions:
- If you view the recording later, there is no CPE for that as of right now.
- The field of study is listed on your Schedule in Ning. Some of the programs fall under Marketing. Some states do not take marketing CPE; please check with your state for final acceptance.
- Our NASBA sponsor number is 112525.
- Our NASBA QAS sponsor number is 081.
- Our Texas State Board of Public Accountancy sponsor number is 009968.
Sandra L. Leyva, Inc. is registered with the National Association of the State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor and Quality Assurance Service (QAS) sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.learningmarket.org.
You can find out more about our compliance here: http://acceleratorsnetwork.com/page-1793848
Please let us know what other questions you have about your CPE.
- You get high-quality practice management, marketing, and technology training by two international thought leaders without having to travel. Some participants say this is the best part!
- Not only will you get a high ROI from the increased revenues and profits when you implement our tips, you might win a prize worth more than what you paid to register.
- You’ll get a break from client work so you can work on your business and not in it, giving you a boost right after busy season and new strategies going forward.
- The Ultimate Accounting vCon is an award-winning training event, and you can put that you attended this cutting-edge training in your bio to boost your credibility.
- This year, there are two tracks in a few of the time slots, so you’ll have a choice. You’ll also have the recording of the concurrent session that you can watch later.
- You are eligible to receive 14 hours of CPE.
- You’ll get two days of Michelle Long and Sandi Leyva coaching you to greatness.
- You won’t have to go through the TSA security check at the airport or eat expensive airport or hotel food. You won’t even have to buy a plane ticket or stay at a hotel.
- You’ll be able to meet accountants just like you from 7 countries who are participating in the event.
- Your confidence will go through the roof.
- We’ve dropped the price by $100 this year and are offering discounted early bird pricing that’s lower than it ever has been before. That means a higher ROI for you.
- You’ll have fun at our three-ring technology circus: the webinar, the community software, and the chat room.
Find out more or register here: https://accountingvcon.com/register/
Most people will tell you that price is the reason they said no to your offer. They do this to avoid getting into the personal reasons why they didn’t buy.
Only about 40% of buyers are price-sensitive, and this number has risen from 20% three or four years ago before the recession. The recession has made people more price-sensitive, but the majority of people are still making purchases based on perceived value and not price.
The real reasons prospects do not buy are probably closer to one of these:
- The prospect felt you did not build trust.
- The prospect felt you did not solve their real problem, or you did not demonstrate that you could solve their real problem.
- The prospect felt that you did not demonstrate value consistent with the price you asked.
- The prospect felt that you acted uninterested, disconnected, or egotistical. (Example: Did you answer your cell phone during your prospect meeting?)
- The customer didn’t feel listened to.
- In the case of current clients going elsewhere,
- The customer felt you did not stay in touch.
- The customer felt your customer service was lacking.
- There was an error in the product you delivered.
- The client didn’t understand the product and felt confused or uncertain.
- The client didn’t like you personally. In a huge marketing study, “liking” was one of the top factors for a successful campaign.
- The customer felt the service was slow.
Out of all the myths in this book, thinking price is the main reason clients are going elsewhere is the biggest myth we all need to burst. It’s easier on both parties to blame a lost sale on price than it is to ask the prospect what you did or didn’t do that turned them off and get a real, honest, from-the-heart answer.
One fix is to take a hard look at your service level. If you’ve done that, ask a third party to survey your current clients (or better, recently lost clients) and see what improvements you can make. There are sales experts who can go into your business and do win/loss debriefings of the sales process so you can more objectively see what happened and where you need improvement.